Permanent Resident (PR) status provides you with the right to stay in Canada on a permanent basis, subject to some conditions. There are many ways to become a Permanent Resident of Canada. One of such path to become a permanent resident include:•Express Entry (Federal Skilled Worker Program, Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Trades Program).
Express Entry is an intake system used to manage applications for three different permanent residence streams: Federal Skilled Worker program(FSW), Canadian Experience Class(CEC), and Federal Skilled Trades Program(FSTP). Ifyou meet the eligibility criteria for one of the three streams, you can complete an Express Entry profile. This information sheet explains applying for the Federal Skilled Worker program through Express Entry.
Process to apply for PR status through Express Entry
STEP 1: DETERMINE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM & COMPLETE LANGUAGE/EDUCATION ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility Requirement below:
You are eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker program?
- If you have work experience with 1 year of continuous, full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work in one occupationat skill type 0, A, or B in the 2011 National Occupation Classification (NOC) within the last 10 years.
- Meet minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all four abilities
- Have a Canadian secondary or post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree OR a foreign credential that is deemed equivalent to a Canadian credential
- Meet minimum financial requirements
- Score a minimum of 67 points in the six selection factors
- Plan to live outside of Quebec; and
- Not be inadmissible to Canada ( you are inadmissible if you have criminal records and Medically not Fit )
Can you meet up with the above listed criteria , if yes : your dream to become parmanent residence is a dream come through.
The big question i get asked:
Can I apply for Express Entry with my family ? Yes you can! As long as you meet the criteria of the FSW, both you and your family will be granted Parmanent Residence.